ARRM Job Board
ARRM members are welcome to submit new job postings to the ARRM Job Board. ARRM publishes help wanted ads to ARRM members for specific job openings. We do not run ads that generally promote employment. Click here to post a position opening to this Job Board and read our guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your posting or the ARRM Job Board, please contact Amy Wartick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 291-1086, ext. 4.
Blue Sky Inc.(Posted May 10, 2013)
Blue Sky Inc. is seeking a house manager for its residential service located in Moorhead, MN. The primary purpose of the position is to manage the day to day operation of the program. The program serves individuals with a variety of disabilities. This is a full time position with benefits.
Bachelor’s degree in the human services field with at least two years of experience working with persons with a disability or one year of experience working as a house manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to Blue Sky Inc., P.O. Box 1491 Detroit Lakes, MN, Questions please call 218-844-7591 and ask for Steven or email email@example.com.
Hammer Residences, Inc.(Posted May 8, 2013)
Hammer Residences’ mission is to provide adults and children with developmental disabilities the opportunity to experience life to its fullest. Since 1923, Hammer has provided innovative services for people with disabilities to live meaningful, self-directed lives. Headquartered in Wayzata, we are proud to be a Star Tribune Top Workplace the last three years and among The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For.
Hammer has expanded our support services to include a partnership with Medica to provide Care Coordination to members of Medica’s Special Needs Basic Care Plan (SNBC). Join a team of three other Care Coordinators to assist individuals enrolled in SNBC to arrange and coordinate supportive services and other supports identified through the assessment and care planning process. They work with the Individual’s Physicians, County Workers, and the Persons’ Support Team to ensure health and safety needs are met. Care Coordinator’s will assist Individual’s with understanding their SNBC benefits, assist in coordinating care across all settings of care, and with transitions. The Care Coordinator is the Individual’s primary contact for accessing all benefits under SNBC.
An ideal candidate for these positions will be detail oriented and organized. They will have strong verbal communication and written communication. They will be adept at analyzing information, have strong research, and decision making skills. Candidates will have effective people skills, be comfortable addressing and resolving conflict. Candidates will conduct themselves with integrity and adhere to ethical standards. Candidates must be experienced in and enjoy working with individuals with disabilities. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, as some limited travel through the State may be necessary.
It is preferred that Care Coordinator’s be licensed as either a Social Worker or a Registered Nurse. Candidates with a closely related field may be considered as well.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in these positions, please go to the Hammer website to apply and submit your resume online by May 17th, 2013.
Mains'l Services, Inc. (Posted May 1, 2013)
Community Involvement Programs (Posted May 7, 2013)
Director of Finance
•Responsible for the direction and coordination of Community Involvement Programs financial systems.
•Responsible for establishing and overseeing financial operations, accounting functions and financial reports and analysis.
•Responsible for coordinating and directing the activities of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll staff.
•Develop and implement strong financial and accounting systems and procedures that meet state and federal requirements as well as GAAP.
•Establish an annual budget with the Directors, Executive Director and volunteers that reflects the needs and goals of the organization.
•Provide accurate and timely financial reports to the Directors, Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
•Provide financial analysis, cash flow projections and other financial reports that may be necessary.
•Complete any necessary financial reports for government agencies, United Way, private foundations, etc.
•Oversee the risk management and insurance program in coordination with other Directors and the Human Resources Department.
Generally Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
•Strong Accounting background with at least 4 years of financial management experience.
•4 year degree in Accounting or Management. CPA strongly desired, Masters Degree in Finance and Management is preferred
•Demonstrate effective communication in writing and interpreting written material.
•Knowledge of Accounting systems and technology required.
•Ability to manage the finances of a complex and multi-faceted agency.
•Proven ability to manage accounting staff.
•Must pass DHS background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume with a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: John Everett, Executive Director
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format
Mains'l Services, Inc. (Posted May 1, 2013)
BA or BS in related field, supervisory experience. Must have experience working with people with mental health concerns, brain injury and developmental disabilities. Strong problem solving skills. Supervise Program Specialists with completing necessary documentation, following policies and procedures, communicating with stakeholders, completing outcomes, etc. Complete annual paperwork/meetings, daily documentation, monthly staff meetings/trainings, timesheet/ILS Summary verification, disciplinary action, direct care shifts as necessary, etc. Manage contracts/utilization of hours, communicate with Case Managers and other stakeholders on a regular basis, problem-solve with consumers and their teams, advocate for consumers, etc. Attend quarterly company forums, mandatory/optional trainings, various meetings.
- 4 year degree in a human services related field + 1 year of experience working with people with disabilities + 1 year supervisory/leadership experience or
- 2 year degree in a human services related field + 2 years of experience working with people with disabilities + 1 year supervisory/leadership experience
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply and submit an application, please visit our website at www.mainsl.com/careers/job-openings.php
Wingspan Life Resources (Posted April 24, 2013)
The Registered Nurse will provide services to consumers in a compassionate, professional, ethical, and knowledgeable fashion. The RN’s role will include but not limited to the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the residents’ status, plan of care, and goal achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Establish & maintain a relationship with consumers.
•Maintain complete and accurate charts in accordance with State and Federal guidelines for ICFs/MR and waiver sites.
•Identify health care needs for consumers based on the data collected through the nursing process.
•Perform quarterly and PRN health care assessments.
•Collaborate as part of the IDT in developing, implementing and evaluating health care.
•Act as a liaison between physicians, families, pharmacy, Mentors and individuals in regards to health care. Develop a plan with goals and interventions specific to the needs of the person.
•Implement plans to promote, maintain, or restore wellness, prevent illness, and or provide appropriate end-of-life care.
•Review new MAR sheets monthly to ensure accuracy.
•Perform MOSES and DISCUS monitoring for consumers on psychotropic medications as applicable.
•Maintains current knowledge of and compliance with Wingspan Life Resources Abuse Prevention Policies and Procedures.
•Ensures individuals are not subjected to physical, verbal, sexual or psychological abuse or punishment.
•Recognize and report suspected maltreatment according to policy.
•Educate and train Direct Support Staff to pass oral and topical medications and give treatments, medications, feeding tubes, trachs, insulin, blood pressure machines, hoyers, etc.
•Observe Direct Support Staff to ensure error-free medication administration.
•Provide information and education about medication effects and side effects to staff.
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current RN registration with the state board of nursing, knowledge regarding adult foster care/in-home nursing, pass MVR check, maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance, and state background check clearance.
•Must be able to read, write, speak English in a fluent manner, and use a computer with minimal training.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, visit our website at www.wingspanlife.org/job-opportunities
RAMSEY COUNTY Department of Human Resources (Posted April 5, 2013)
Program Director-Lake Owasso Residence
• $27.14 - $44.51 Hourly • $2,170.87 - $3,560.54 Biweekly • $4,703.55 - $7,714.51 Monthly • $56,442.60 - $92,574.08 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/01/13
CLOSING DATE: 04/12/13 04:30 PM
LOCATION: (Lake Owasso Residence) Shoreview, Minnesota
Under direction, to design, develop, implement and evaluate the program plan for Lake Owasso Residence and for individual residents; to assist the Administrator in the organization and supervision of services provided to residents and to perform related duties as assigned.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey county job (class) description for this job, go to:
Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list of job descriptions.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
• Implement standards of the Minnesota Department of Health and Department of Human Services.
• Coordinate nursing, psychopharmacological, psychiatric and medical services to assure that there are appropriate treatment plans when needed.
• Integrate all aspects of daily living into residents' programs and treatment plans.
• Design programs to meet the needs of all residents including behavior modification programs to deal with self-abusive behavior, assaultive behavior, speech improvement and skill development, self-advocacy and person-centered planning.
• Supervise, schedule, train, evaluate and coach program assistants in their professional role.
• Coordinate with Human Resources the development of exams and hiring lists for the positions of Residential Counselor, Behavior Analyst and Program Assistant.
• Evaluate ongoing work performance of Program Assistants, Behavior Analysts and Residential Counselors.
• Assist the Administrator in designing and integrating new program components and services.
• Schedule program assistant coverage, staff meetings, Interdisciplinary Team Meetings for residents and special events.
• Design and coordinate staff professional and skill development with special emphasis place upon behavior modification techniques.
• Speak before community groups.
• Supervise the security and safety of staff and residents.
• Set behaviorally specific goals for residents and to supervise a complete system of evaluating and reporting specific outcomes for residents.
• Have charge of the Residence in the absence of the Administrator.
• Be available to program assistants for emergencies during off business hours.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in the behavioral sciences or human service field.
• Experience: Four years of professional staff supervision and experience in the field of developmental disabilities including experience in program design with specific training and experience in developing and implementing all levels of behavior modification programs.
• Other: The individual must meet Federal Standards for certification as the facility's Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional.
EXAM/SCREENING PROCESS INFORMATION:
Screening/Examination Process: The examination/screening process will consist of the following sections with each section weighted as indicated:
1. Training and Experience Rating........Wt. 100%
Note: The Training and Experience Rating will be based on the Supplemental Questionnaire that you need to complete as part of your application. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will pass the Training and Experience Rating. Please be sure to be complete in your answers and do not mark "see resume" or "see work history." Failure to clearly and completely outline your training and experience could adversely affect your examination score and rank on the eligible list for this classification.
Criminal Background Checks:
All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact Stephani.Gunter@co.ramsey.mn.us or by phone at (651) 266-4063.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Visit our website at www.agency.governementjobs.com/ramsey/
Fraser, Licensed Practial Nurse (Part-time) (Posted April 2, 2013)
Fraser, a Minnesota nonprofit organization provides comprehensive education, health care, and housing services to children and adults with special needs.
Fraser is seeking an LPN to provide nursing care to the individuals in a group home in Brooklyn Park, with particular attention to the individual with a requirement for these services.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Assisting with personal care including eating and in the bathroom, hygiene, and grooming
2. Administering medications
3. Documenting treatment
4. Helping with cooking and housework as needed
5. Accompanying residents on activities and appointments
6. Coordinating the medical services of individuals served and assisting in training staff to perform medical services
Every other Saturday and Sunday 6:30 am- 12 pm (noon)
1. Current Minnesota LPN licensure
2. Fulfill continuing education requirements of 12 CEUs every two years plus two CEU of infection control every year
3. A valid Minnesota driver's license with an acceptable record
4. Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Preference for experience with individuals with developmental disabilities or similar conditions
HOW TO APPLY
• The position is posted until filled on Fraser's website at www.fraser.org/employment